Search this Site
Custom Search
Drop Down Menu Drop Down Menu
Drop Down Menu



Starting Out
Hire / Rent Before Buying
Touring Caravans
Pop-Top Caravans / Campers
Full Height Caravans
Off-Road / ATV Caravans
Single Axle vs Tandem Axle
RV Types
What is an RV ?

Motorhomes - General Info
Motorhomes - Water Heaters etc
Campervans - General Info
Slide On Campers - General Info
5th Wheeler - General Info
5th Wheeler - Hitches
5th Wheeler - Stability
Camper Trailer - Intro
Camper Trailer - Types
Camper Trailer - Refrigeration
Tow Vehicle
Best Tow Vehicle

Bull Bars
Cargo Barriers
Dual Battery System
Roller Drawer Storage Systems
Side Steps/Bars/Wheel Carriers
Snorkels/Water Bras/Diff Breathers
Storage Systems for your Gear
Suspension Upgrade
Towing Tips - Towing Courses

Compliance Plates
"Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle"
Hitches and Couplings
Electric Brakes and Controllers
Hitches/Weight Distribution Bars
Hitches and Hitch Receivers
Reversing Made Easy
Sway Control Devices
Tow Bars and Tow Balls
Towing Mirrors
Tyre & Wheel Bearing Maintenance

Replacing Padded Stoneguards
Toilets - Treatment / Maintenance
Understanding Tyre Markings
Outdoor Camp Cooking

Preparing a Campfire for Cooking
Camp Ovens
Camp Oven Recipes
How to Rid Your RV of Ants
Roof Top Tents
Roof Top Tents for Utes/Wagons
Terms and Lingo

CB & UHF Communication
Handheld Portable UHF / CB
HF Radio
Public Phones & Phone Cards
Wireless Internet
Mobile Phone Coverage
Satellite Phones
Distress Beacons and EPIRBS
RV Extras
Heating - General
Heating - Electric
Diesel and Gas Heaters
Hoses - Drinking & Sullage
Water Tanks and 12V Pumps
Hot Water Heaters
Changing the Sacrificial Anode
Portable Toilet Systems
Portable Toilet Cleaning
Portable Toilet Chemicals
Portable Toilets
Sanitation Products / Chemicals
Refrigeration - General Info
Camper Trailer - Refrigeration
Power Options
Powering RV's and Power Usage

Power Sources for RV's
Charging Batteries
Solar Power
Portable Solar
Annexe Flooring / Matting

Awning Maintenance
"Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle"
Electrical Extension Cords
Jockey Wheels and Power Movers
Caravan and Trailer Jacks
Folding/Electric/Motorised Bikes
Bicycle Racks & Carriers

Bicycle Accessories
Navigational Software
Devices (GPS, PDA's etc.)
Maps (Toppo's, Legends etc.)
Doing the Washing On The Road

Portable Electric Washing Machines
Camping Clotheslines
Recreational Fishing / Licences
On The Road
Ambulance Cover

Reversing made Easy
Caravan / RV Fire Safety

Carrying Extra Fuel
Cooking Outdoors (Gas/BBQ's)
Free Camping
House Sitting and House Sitters
Heavy Vehicle / RV Courtesy
Holidaying with Kids
Mail Redirection
Travelling with Dogs
Best Tow Vehicle
Vehicle Suspension Upgrade
Insects - Personal Protection
Insects - In and Around the RV
RV / Caravan Parks

Farm Stays / Bush Resorts
Rest Stops / Rest Areas
Free Camping
Preventing Theft of RV's

Security Devices
Security Alarms
What Insurance to Look For
Vehicle, Caravan/Trailer/RV Ins/
Caravan Rollover

Site Map

Receiving Mail While on the Road

How can I get my mail while I am on the road ?

How will my mail keep up?  How can I prevent losing my mail?

Mail on the road

There are several companies providing mail redirection services such as Landbase Australia, Mailaway Redirection Services, Mail to Follow, Pass the Post & Post Haste Australia, Keeping You Posted,Trail Mail and Viking Mail Service to mention just a few. 

It is important you check out the Terms & Conditions applicable.  There is a fee for the service and non payment may result in mail being returned to sender.  Some of these companies offer a 30 day money back guarantee on the plan fee if not completely satisfied and even discounts to customers who return for a second time.

Other people feel confident using a friend or relative to forward their mail to them.  An option a fellow found worked for him was to pre pay everything that is going to come up in that period (insurances, regos, etc.,) and have all his mail re-directed to a trusted friend.  He had his friend open his mail and for things that he couldn't prepay, he had transferred say $1000 into his friend's bank account.

Another alternative is to have your regular bills debited directly to your bank account.  For example, most local councils and electricity suppliers offer the facility to debit your bank account each quarter with your rates and electricity accounts.  They still send you an account about one month beforehand so you know how much is to be deducted.  Telstra also offer a facility where you can view your account on line which is an advantage if you have internet connection.

There is also service providers who can manage the payment of all your bills such as MyOneBill Pty Ltd.  A budgeted amount is deducted from your bank account and your registered bills go to them and they automatically pay all your bills.


Australia Post

Australia Postís Mail Redirection has a facility to re-direct your mail to another address.  You can select temporary or permanent redirection by completing a request form.  A fee applies for this service.

If you choose to use one of the above companies that provide mail redirection you can request Australia Post to redirect your mail to the companyís PO Box number or simply change your postal address to that of the companyís PO Box.

Also ask Australia Post about Poste Restante.  Mail can be forwarded by family and friends who have a copy of your journey plan to a post office for collection by you once you reach the destination.  By placing your family name first this will ensure the post office files it correctly and mail will be held for up to one month.  Make sure they place a senderís address in the event you miss collecting the mail so it may be returned.  You will need to produce some form of identification to be able to collect your mail.

You can forward mail by this method addressed:-

Name eg: CITIZEN John 
Poste Restante


How Do I Vote When Travelling?

Voting is compulsory in Australia and you can be fined for failing to vote.  If you are unable to attend your local place on election day you may :-

  • Cast an "absent vote" at any polling place in the state or territory you are currently in
  • Apply in writing for a postal vote.  You will then be sent ballot papers which must be returned before polling day
  • Attend one of the early opening polling booths prior to commencing your trip.  They open about two weeks before an election

Further information is available on the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC).  You can also subscribe to receive an email notification when the next federal election is announced.



Disclaimer   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact Us   |   Site Map/Index   |   Links

This site was last updated

Copyright ©  Let's All rights reserved.